Why Not Us?

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last April 9, many of us attended ''The Power Of A Dream'', led by our Mentor-Tatay Rafy Panlilio at Word of Hope. We expected a full house, since tickets were sold out in advance. But God surprised us by giving us an overflow crowd, which resulted in WOH opening its other sanctuary for the very first time for a conference. More than 4,000 dreamers sang, danced, worshiped, listened, and gave birth to their own God-given dream. I was one of them.

While the festivities were ongoing, I can't help but ''see'' Horizon having its own sanctuary, our worship and dance team leading thousands into God's presence, yours truly preaching God's Word to multitudes.And that's just on the inside. Outwardly, I also ''see'' our church planting hundreds of other churches, helping the poor, uplifting their lives through a combination of gospel preaching and holistic ministry, and Kingdom Connection training and equipping thousands of pastors until ''no church is left behind and no pastor is left alone.''

I said to God, ''if grace is real, then anyone can dream, even for someone like me!'' A pivotal moment came when Ptr Rafy mentioned onstage,''imagine that what you are seeing and experiencing right now is not a conference, but your very own church service.'' I knew that was for me!

I love Christians, more specifically my fellow pastors and church leaders. I love to help them in any way I can and see ther churches and ministries grow. Bu I'll be honest. I also said to God,''Lord wala naman sigurong masama kung ako mismo mangangarap para naman po sa Horizon. Kung ano ang pangarap ko para sa iba, sana maisakatuparan muna sa church namin.''

Horizon champs, kung may ible-bless na rin na church ang Panginoon, bakit hindi rin lang tayo? If God will use churches to revive the Philippines, why not that church be us? If God can bless anyone, why not us?

If I may be bold enough to pray, ''Lord, we've seen your hand in other churches and ministries, pwede po ba na kami naman po?Hindi kami karapat dapat, but by your grace and by faith, we ask your anointing and favor to be upon us. Use Horizon mightily not just for the Philippines, but to the nations. For Jesus' sake. Amen.''


2 comments:

Prudy said...

Mans I am with you in your dream! When Horizon help us it was a great blessing to us - when it is our time to help you in anyway we will be very privilege to do so!

Bro please advice me when is the next time the group will be meeting again. Thank you & God bless you!

Dennis Hilario said...

"Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us - to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen" (Ephesians 3:20 - 21 HSCB)

I pray that your dream will be realized not for the sake of becoming big but becoming big for the glory of God. God is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think or even dream of...not because of our own abilities...our human wisdom...our fame...our wealth...but because of that power working within us, that is, the power in the inner man through His Spirit (ch. 3:16). As William Carey said, "Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God."

Soli Deo Gloria!